If you can’t choose whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Where Are Layla Mattresses Made
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Where Are Layla Mattresses Made
Construction Where Are Layla Mattresses Made
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Where Are Layla Mattresses Made
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Where Are Layla Mattresses Made
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Where Are Layla Mattresses Made
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Where Are Layla Mattresses Made
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively offered to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Where Are Layla Mattresses Made
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Where Are Layla Mattresses Made