When you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
Construction Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have two different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Sealy Layla Zoned Mattress