When you can not decide whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a little more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Reviews Of Layla Mattress
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Reviews Of Layla Mattress
Construction Reviews Of Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Reviews Of Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Reviews Of Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Reviews Of Layla Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Reviews Of Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively offered to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the choice to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews Of Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Reviews Of Layla Mattress