When you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Reviews For Layla Mattress
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Reviews For Layla Mattress
Construction Reviews For Layla Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Reviews For Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Reviews For Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back or tummy sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Reviews For Layla Mattress
This is a true foam mattress constructed for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Reviews For Layla Mattress
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the choice to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Reviews For Layla Mattress
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Reviews For Layla Mattress