When you can’t determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Nectar Vs Layla Bed
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Nectar Vs Layla Bed
Construction Nectar Vs Layla Bed
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Nectar Vs Layla Bed
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Nectar Vs Layla Bed
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Nectar Vs Layla Bed
This is a true foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Nectar Vs Layla Bed
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Nectar Vs Layla Bed
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Nectar Vs Layla Bed