When you can’t decide whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Nectar Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Nectar Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
Construction Nectar Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Nectar Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Nectar Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the price.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Nectar Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Nectar Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the choice to pick between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Nectar Mattress Vs Layla Mattress
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Nectar Mattress Vs Layla Mattress