If you can not decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with more support on your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Vs Sleep Number
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Vs Sleep Number
Construction Layla Vs Sleep Number
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Vs Sleep Number
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Vs Sleep Number
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it is worth the price.
Edge support is a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Vs Sleep Number
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Vs Sleep Number
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively offered to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Vs Sleep Number
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Vs Sleep Number