If you can’t choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Vs Lull Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Vs Lull Mattress
Construction Layla Vs Lull Mattress
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Vs Lull Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Vs Lull Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Vs Lull Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Vs Lull Mattress
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Vs Lull Mattress
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Vs Lull Mattress