When you can’t decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Twin Mattress
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Twin Mattress
Construction Layla Twin Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Twin Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Twin Mattress
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Twin Mattress
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Twin Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Twin Mattress
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Twin Mattress