If you can not choose whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Sleep Reviews
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Reviews
Construction Layla Sleep Reviews
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Sleep Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Reviews
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Reviews
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Reviews
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Reviews
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you have two distinct comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Reviews