When you can not decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Sleep Pillow Review
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Pillow Review
Construction Layla Sleep Pillow Review
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Sleep Pillow Review
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Pillow Review
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when your partner rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Pillow Review
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and delivered straight to you. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Pillow Review
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you want a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you have a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Pillow Review
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Pillow Review