When you can not determine whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Construction Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to give as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
This is a genuine foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the opportunity to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This allows you to have a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress Reviews