If you can not choose whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a little more support on your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Sleep Logo
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Logo
Construction Layla Sleep Logo
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Sleep Logo
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Logo
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Sleep Logo
This is a authentic foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Logo
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Logo
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Logo