When you can’t decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a foam with a bit more support for your hips and back. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Sleep Headquarters
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Sleep Headquarters
Construction Layla Sleep Headquarters
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Sleep Headquarters
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Sleep Headquarters
When in use, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Sleep Headquarters
This is a true foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Sleep Headquarters
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Sleep Headquarters
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Sleep Headquarters