If you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with a little more support on your hips and back. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Ottoman Bedstead
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Ottoman Bedstead
Construction Layla Ottoman Bedstead
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Ottoman Bedstead
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Ottoman Bedstead
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Ottoman Bedstead
This is a true foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Ottoman Bedstead
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Ottoman Bedstead
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Ottoman Bedstead