When you can’t decide whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Memory Mattress
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Memory Mattress
Construction Layla Memory Mattress
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Memory Mattress
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Memory Mattress
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when your spouse moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Memory Mattress
This is a genuine foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Memory Mattress
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Memory Mattress
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Memory Mattress