If you can not choose whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support on your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Construction Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse when sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
This is a authentic foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you want to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Reviews