If you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with a little more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
Construction Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head every time you change your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important factor to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively given to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the option to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Memory Foam Mattress Review