When you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a foam with a bit more support for your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Wikipedia
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Wikipedia
Construction Layla Mattress Wikipedia
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Wikipedia
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Wikipedia
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Wikipedia
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Wikipedia
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Wikipedia
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Wikipedia