If you can not choose whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a foam with a little more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
Construction Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
When in use, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Which