If you can’t decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
Construction Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
The Layla uses both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a fair amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
This is a true foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you have a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Which Side Is Soft