If you can’t choose whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial factor to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
This is a genuine foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and after it is shipped usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively provided to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Loom And Leaf Comparisons