If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider particularly if you share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a common issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days to assemble, and after it is sent usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Leesa
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Leesa