If you can not decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Vs Bear
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Bear
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Bear
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Vs Bear
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Bear
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important factor to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to give as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Bear
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Bear
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and require a mattress with good movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Bear
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Bear