If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with a bit more support on your hips and back. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
Construction Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
This is a true foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Fee: Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Vs Amerisleep