If you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a memory foam with a bit more support for your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Too Hard
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Too Hard
Construction Layla Mattress Too Hard
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Too Hard
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Too Hard
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair amount of collapse when sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Too Hard
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Too Hard
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is only provided to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you want to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Too Hard
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This permits you to have a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Too Hard