When you can’t determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with more support for your hips and back. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Too Firm
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Too Firm
Construction Layla Mattress Too Firm
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Too Firm
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Too Firm
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price point. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider especially if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat bigger, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will have the ability to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Too Firm
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Too Firm
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you like to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Too Firm
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Too Firm