When you can not choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support on your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Soft Side
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Soft Side
Construction Layla Mattress Soft Side
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Soft Side
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Soft Side
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll most likely feel like you’re sinking into the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Soft Side
This is a true foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Soft Side
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively given to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great when you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Soft Side
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Soft Side