If you can’t decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with more support on your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
Construction Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
When used regularly, the Layla mattress should last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the cost.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires two to five business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively offered to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Side Sleeper
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Side Sleeper