When you can not decide whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support for your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides more support. Layla Mattress Sheets
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sheets
Construction Layla Mattress Sheets
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Sheets
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Sheets
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial element to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Sheets
This is a authentic foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Sheets
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively given to original purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are below. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Sheets
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel by simply flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Sheets