If you can not decide whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a memory foam with a little more support on your spine and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Setup
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Setup
Construction Layla Mattress Setup
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Setup
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Setup
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is certainly worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your partner rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You will definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a common problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Setup
This is a true foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Setup
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you prefer to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Setup
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This permits you to have a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try two distinct comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Setup