When you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Sagging
Read on for my full review of the Layla, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Sagging
Construction Layla Mattress Sagging
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Sagging
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Sagging
When regularly used, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst lying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Sagging
This is a true foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam models, the Layla is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and after it is sent usually requires 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and come compressed. You will want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Sagging
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively offered to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you want to feel as though you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you want a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Sagging
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on opposite sides. This allows you to have a different feel by simply turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Sagging