If you can’t decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with a bit more support for your hips and spine. With two built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
Construction Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider especially for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when your spouse tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
This is a true foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast response time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to manufacture and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only offered to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. But please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Reviews 2019
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness option on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you try 2 different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Reviews 2019