When you can not choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a foam with more support on your hips and back. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Ratings
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Ratings
Construction Layla Mattress Ratings
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Ratings
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Ratings
When regularly used, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important component to consider especially for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (side, back and/or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which provides some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the investment.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while sitting on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Ratings
This is a authentic foam mattress made for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 business days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Ratings
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This guarantee is only given to first buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress are underneath. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the option to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the surface.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Ratings
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a distinct firmness level on each side. This provides you a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two distinct comfort levels and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Ratings