When you can’t determine whether you want a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with more support on your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Opening
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Opening
Construction Layla Mattress Opening
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Opening
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side of the mattress will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Opening
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Opening
This is a authentic foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick reaction time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another person’s help, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla gives a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Opening
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to first buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you prefer to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you get the option to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Opening
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This allows you to experience a different feel by simply turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Opening