When you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just need a memory foam with more support on your back and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress On Amazon
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress On Amazon
Construction Layla Mattress On Amazon
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress On Amazon
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress On Amazon
When in use, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the Layla mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important component to consider particularly if you share their mattress. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be bothered when your partner rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress On Amazon
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You probably want to begin by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepprovides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress On Amazon
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best mattress for you if you want to feel as though you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla provides you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress On Amazon
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress On Amazon