If you can not decide whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with a little more support on your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress King
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress King
Construction Layla Mattress King
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress King
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to the company, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress King
When in use, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you’re sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you are somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam which can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse while laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress King
This is a genuine foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla is not very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these cases, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress King
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is only given to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress are below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a spouse and require a mattress with great movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress King
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature lets you have two different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this bed’s versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress King