When you can not determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress In Stores
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress In Stores
Construction Layla Mattress In Stores
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress In Stores
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress In Stores
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress at par with other high quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also recommends turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important element to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the mattress may not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the cost.
Edge support is a regular issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress In Stores
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam versions, the Layla is not that bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three days to construct and package. When shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress buyers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress In Stores
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively given to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for your mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel as though you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the option to choose between two firmness options. Layla is also great if you have a spouse and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress In Stores
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress In Stores