If you can not determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Frame
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Frame
Construction Layla Mattress Frame
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Frame
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Frame
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a dual-sided mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that provides some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly think it’s worth the cost.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure while lying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Frame
This is a authentic foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Fee: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made with FedEx Ground. Mattresses take 2-3 days to manufacture, and after it is shipped usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Frame
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s deemed faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only given to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized retailer will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the right mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here in order to receive my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the best choice for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also ideal for you if you want a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you get the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great when you’ve got a spouse and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Frame
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This allows you to have a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Frame