When you can not decide whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel offered by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with a little more support on your hips and back. With two built-in firmness options, you get to select between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Foundation
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Foundation
Construction Layla Mattress Foundation
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers in total and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Foundation
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Foundation
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also recommends rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you change your bedding or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial element to consider particularly if you have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when your partner rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit heavier, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night switching positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling benefits. But due to the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a common problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair degree of collapse while sitting on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling secure whilst sitting on the edge so you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Foundation
This is a genuine foam mattress built for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam beds, the Layla isn’t very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 business days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 days depending on your location. All shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ USA.
Delivery Fee: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. Mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually requires 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners are not allowed to return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to actually return their mattress to Layla’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Foundation
– Layla Sleep will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla provides you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and require a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Foundation
The Layla features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature lets you have two different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage satisfying since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Foundation