If you can’t choose whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a memory foam with a little more support on your back and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to choose between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
Construction Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to the company, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
When used regularly, the Layla should last for at least 6-8 years, making the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it’s definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your partner rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the plush side of the Layla; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a reasonable degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUnited States.
Shipping Fee: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hawaii and Alaska is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually takes two to five days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by removing the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
– Layla Sleep will, at the company’s sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may opt to replace or repair individual components with defects (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– This warranty is only offered to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original buyer or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the size and pricing info for the mattress can be found underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also good for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for those who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also great when you have a partner and need a mattress with good motion isolation. This should reduce the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the mattress over. This feature enables you to have two different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress For Side Sleepers