If you can not choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes want a foam with a bit more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness options, you get to pick between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Firmness
Read on for my full review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Firmness
Construction Layla Mattress Firmness
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Firmness
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft layer. Laying on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Firmness
When regularly used, the Layla will last for at least 6-8 years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s certainly worth the price point. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your bedding or at least once a month to be able to prevent unevenness or the creation of dents.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is because it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial factor to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces movement to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you will not be bothered when your partner moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed rather than laying on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm side of the Layla mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “laying on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night switching positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that offers some cooling properties. But because of the higher quality of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress can trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the cost.
Edge support is a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse when laying on the softer side. A lot have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so that you will see and feel that you’re adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Firmness
This is a true foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped feeling when going about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona in theUSA.
Shipping Charge: Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. Mattresses take two to three days to manufacture, and once shipped usually takes two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You probably want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the roll on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial starts at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity organization.
– To return your mattress, customers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Firmness
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is deemed defective for as long as the original buyers have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to original owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you get the choice to pick between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a partner and need a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should reduce the movement you feel on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Firmness
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on each side. This provides you a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to try 2 distinct comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. Many would find this convenience satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s a great offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Firmness