If you can not choose whether you need a firmer mattress or a softer feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the snug feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with more support on your hips and spine. With two built in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, that includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
Construction Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers in total and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will place you in near-direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a flippable mattress, it is surely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent creating dents or unevenness.
The Layla does an exceptional job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important factor to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla reduces movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat bigger, the plush side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will certainly get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I definitely think it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, surprisingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a reasonable degree of collapse while sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure whilst laying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla is not particularly bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona USA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take two to three business days to assemble, and once sent usually requires two to five days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to you. You will want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the roll on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply clear away the plastic and let your mattress fully expand and breathe.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory 2-week break-in period. Owners may not return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to physically return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers should email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be faulty for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to replace or repair individual components with flaws (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is only offered to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing information for the mattress are underneath. Please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal choice for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for back sleepers, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the choice to pick between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also ideal if you have a spouse and require a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Firmness Scale
The Layla mattress features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have two different comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers use memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Firmness Scale