If you can’t determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel offered by a soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes want a memory foam with more support for your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that offers greater support. Layla Mattress Firm Side
Keep reading for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Firm Side
Construction Layla Mattress Firm Side
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Firm Side
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam is the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3lb. copper-infused memory foam in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Firm Side
When in use, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from foot to head every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really crucial factor to consider especially if you have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when your spouse moves around. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I’ll discuss the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Which means you will most likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to provide as much support and might make you feel too stuck in the bed without enough mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who move around in the middle of the night switching positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla uses both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which offers some cooling benefits. But given the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam bed. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But obviously, you should expect a fair amount of collapse while sitting on the softer side. Many have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Firm Side
This is a genuine foam mattress made to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress isn’t very bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some people, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a fairly quick response time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times should take from 2-5 days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Shipping Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla Sleep is as follows:
– All deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take 2-3 business days to assemble, and after it is sent usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will be shipped straight to your home and arrive compressed. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, transfer the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a mandatory 2-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested out the mattress for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To return your mattress, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Firm Side
– Layla will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original purchasers have the mattress. This warranty is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This guarantee is exclusively provided to first purchasers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced that the Layla is the right mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for your mattress can be found below. Please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla mattress is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you are sleeping “in” rather than “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. Additionally it is great for you if you need a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the choice to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you sleep with a partner and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Firm Side
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness level on opposite sides. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you try two different comfort levels and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage satisfying as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Firm Side