If you can’t determine whether you need a plushier feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you would like the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with more support for your spine and hips. With 2 built in firmness levels, you get to pick between the plush side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feeling, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Factory
Read on for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Factory
Construction Layla Mattress Factory
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel for a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Factory
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This layer is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam is the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Sleeping on this side will place you in direct contact with the layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Factory
When in use, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once every month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely important factor to consider especially for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you won’t be bothered when your partner tosses and turns. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have great contouring and reasonable sinking without losing comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the plush side of the mattress might not be able to give as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (side, back and/or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam that provides some cooling properties. But due to the higher quality of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so you could say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly think it is worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair degree of collapse when laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while sitting on the edge so that you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the edge of the bed.
Layla Mattress Factory
This is a true foam mattress made for impact absorbency. Like most memory foam versions, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel too. On the bright side, this specific foam has a fairly fast reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to manufacture and package. When shipped, transit times should take from two to five days depending on your location. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUnited States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three business days to manufacture, and after it is sent usually takes 2-5 business days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is provided. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep utilized FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions aren’t available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compressed mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to breathe and fully expand.
Layla provides a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers are not allowed to return their mattress for a complete refund until they’ve tried the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep gives a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Factory
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be defective for as long as the original owners have the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the whole mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to first owners who purchased their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized retailer won’t qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress are below. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the ideal mattress for you if you want to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is good for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for people who sleep on their side. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, because it is going to give them enough support needed and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the freedom to choose between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal if you’ve got a partner and require a mattress with good motion isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the bed.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Factory
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness level on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Factory