If you can not decide whether you need a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you might want to look into the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a dual-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you feel like you want the cozy feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes need a foam with a bit more support on your back and hips. With 2 built-in firmness levels, you get to choose between the plush side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that offers more support. Layla Mattress – Editor’S Pick
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, which includes all you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress – Editor’S Pick
Construction Layla Mattress – Editor’S Pick
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel for a cooling feeling. The layers consist of the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress – Editor’S Pick
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a more compact 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in near-direct contact with the support layer beneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress – Editor’S Pick
When used regularly, the Layla will last for at least six to eight years, making the Layla mattress even with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price. Layla also advises rotating your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is an extremely crucial component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or plush side, you will not be disturbed when your spouse rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Because of the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you are sinking into the mattress rather than floating on top of it. Plus, if you are a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to change positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just perfect. You’ll definitely get the “floating on top” feeling and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam which offers some cooling properties. But due to the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a little bit of heat but no more than your average memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can say goodbye to randomly sweating in the middle of your sleep. I certainly believe it is worth the price.
Edge support has been a regular issue with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides is about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you’re adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress – Editor’S Pick
This is a true foam mattress built to absorb impact. Like most memory foam models, the Layla is not that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The plush side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather fast reaction time. For that reason, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around 2-3 days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on your location. All shipments come from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Delivery Fee: Layla Mattress delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Shipping to AK and HI is $125 per mattress. Shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will arrive compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to begin by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s help, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are eligible for a complete product refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not need to physically return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these cases, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress – Editor’S Pick
– Layla will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is only given to original buyers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress are below. Please be aware that these figures reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you prefer to feel like you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress since Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. It is also great for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for those who sleep on their side. Although, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it is going to give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the option to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also great when you have a spouse and require a mattress with excellent movement isolation. This should limit the motion you’re feeling on the bed.
Final Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress – Editor’S Pick
The Layla features an all-foam, flippable design with a different firmness option on each side. This gives you a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to try two different comfort options and pick the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this bed’s versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress – Editor’S Pick