When you can not determine whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to look into the Layla mattress. The Layla mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that provides you two firmness options in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the snug feel provided by a super soft memory foam mattress but also you sometimes just want a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Dimensions
Read on for my complete review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Dimensions
Construction Layla Mattress Dimensions
Assembled in Arizona, the Layla has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, starting with the soft side: Layla Mattress Dimensions
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch solid support layer of 2lb. density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the mattress.
– Firm Side: A 1-inch layer of the same 3-pound copper-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the support layer underneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Dimensions
When regularly used, the Layla mattress should last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other premium quality memory foam mattress models. And because the Layla is a flippable mattress, it is definitely worth the price. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you replace your sheets or at least once a month to be able to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
The Layla mattress does an exceptional job at keeping movement transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very crucial component to consider particularly for those who have a sleep partner. The Layla isolates movement to a significant extent. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will discuss the plush side of the Layla mattress; Due to the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a lot of sinkage. Which means you will more likely feel like you’re sinking in the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the Layla might not be able to give as much support and may cause you to feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the Layla mattress, which sinks just right. You will definitely get the “floating on top” feel and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combo sleepers who roll around at night changing positions (back, side and/or tummy sleepers).
The Layla mattress uses both convoluted foam and copper-infused memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam mattress. Additionally, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to reduce heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly sweating in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it’s worth the investment.
Edge support has been a frequent problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having two sides performs about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should see a fair degree of collapse while laying on the plush side. A lot have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so that you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Dimensions
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress isn’t that bouncy, and may not be responsive enough for some couples, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning feel as well. On the positive side, this specific foam has a rather quick response time. Because of this, you won’t struggle from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from 2-5 business days depending on your location. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Delivery Charge: The Layla ships to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The delivery policy for Layla mattresses is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx. The mattresses take two to three days for manufacturing, and once shipped usually takes two to five days to reach their destination.
– Only standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery aren’t available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services aren’t available at the moment.
How To Unbox The Layla
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to you and arrive compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, preferably with another person’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Carefully cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a mandatory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they have tried out the mattress for at least two weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are eligible for a full merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will receive a product refund, but their extra shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t need to actually return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these instances, Layla requests owners to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers should email Layla’s customer support department.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Dimensions
– Layla will, at the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s found to be faulty for as long as the original buyers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with defects (like the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively offered to original buyers who bought their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re convinced the Layla is the perfect mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special discount. Click here to get my special discount and get $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the best mattress for you if you like to feel like you’re sleeping “in” rather than “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam texture you love and enjoy. Additionally it is great for you if you prefer a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs very well for people who sleep on their side. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them enough support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, love that you have the freedom to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you sleep with a spouse and need a mattress with great movement isolation. This should limit the motion you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Dimensions
The Layla features an all-foam, double-sided design with a different firmness level on each side. This permits you to experience a different feel by simply flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 different comfort options and pick the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this advantage great as it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers use memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it’s an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, according to our research the Layla’s offgassing is quick and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. If you have allergies, I believe this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Dimensions