If you can not determine whether you want a softer feel mattress or a firmer mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in one mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel provided by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support on your spine and hips. With two built-in firmness levels, you get to pick between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that provides greater support. Layla Mattress Density
Read on for my complete review of the Layla mattress, which includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Density
Construction Layla Mattress Density
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has 4 layers and the cover is infused with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the soft side: Layla Mattress Density
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-treated memory foam. It’s a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of a gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This is a more compact 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3lb. copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft side. Sleeping on this side will place you in near-direct contact with the support layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Density
When in use, the Layla should last for at least six to eight years, making the mattress even with other high quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a double-sided mattress, it’s surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot each time you change your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla does an excellent job at keeping motion transfer minimal, this is due to the fact that it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important component to consider especially if you share their bed. The Layla reduces motion to a significant degree. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you’ll not be disturbed when your partner rolls out of bed. To be honest, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without losing comfort.
Now, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress allows a great deal of sinkage. Therefore you will more likely feel like you are sinking in the bed as opposed to laying on top of it. Plus, if you’re somewhat heavier, the softer side of the mattress might not be able to provide as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without enough mobility to move around.
Next up, the firm side of the mattress, which sinks just right. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is perfect for combination sleepers who move around at night switching positions (back, side or tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress makes use of both convoluted foam and copper-treated memory foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But given the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it is a memory foam mattress, it can trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover uses a ThermoGel cooling agent to help reduce heat build up so you could bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely believe it’s worth the price.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla, having dual sides is about average for a foam mattress, astonishingly consistent on each side. But of course, you should expect a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe while lying on the edge so you will see and feel that you are adequately supported both sitting and lying on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Density
This is a true foam mattress built for shock absorbency. Like most memory foam mattresses, the Layla mattress is not particularly bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some people, especially on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect as well. On the bright side, this particular foam has a rather quick reaction time. For that reason, you won’t suffer from a trapped sensation when going about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes around two to three business days to assemble and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments come from Phoenix, AZ United States.
Shipping Charge: The Layla delivers to the lower 48 states for free. Delivery to Alaska and Hawaii is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Shipping Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are made with FedEx. Mattresses take two to three business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually takes 2-5 days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited delivery or White Glove delivery are not available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at the moment.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will be shipped straight to your home and come compressed. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, transfer the roll on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and let your mattress breathe and fully expand.
Layla Sleepoffers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The trial begins on the date of purchase. There’s a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers may not return their mattress for a full refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least two weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete product refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will receive a product refund, however, their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla doesn’t restock mattresses, customers don’t have to physically return their mattress to the company’s HQ. In these cases, Layla asks buyers to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To return your mattress, buyers should email Layla’s customer service.
Layla Sleep provides a lifetime guarantee for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Density
– Layla Sleep will, in the company’s sole option, repair or replace any mattress that’s deemed defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to replace or repair individual components with defects (like the cover), rather than replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s guarantee is exclusively offered to original owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original owner or a non-authorized merchant will not qualify for warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing information for the mattress can be found underneath. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, and doesn’t include my special promo. Click here to get my special discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges at prices from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Right For You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as if you are sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed since Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also great for you if you need a soft surface for your sensitive pressure points that need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is a great pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for people who sleep on their side. However, I recommend the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, since it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel great. I, personally, love that you have the opportunity to choose between 2 firmness levels. Layla is also great if you’ve got a partner and need a mattress with great motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Last Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Density
The Layla features a flippable, all-foam a different feel simply by flipping the bed over. This feature enables you to have two distinct comfort levels and choose the one which suits you best without the problem of returns. A lot would find this convenience great since it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The Layla’s comfort layers incorporate memory foam for a lot of pressure relief and based on our research, we also discovered the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-treated memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam beds, so alongside this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product does not have ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to mention that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a fairly important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Density