When you can’t determine whether you need a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you may want to check out the Layla mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a flippable memory foam mattress that offers you 2 firmness levels in 1 mattress. Because sometimes you want the cozy feel given by a super soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just want a foam with more support for your back and hips. With two built in firmness levels, you get to choose between the soft side that has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives greater support. Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla, that includes everything you will need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
Construction Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla mattress has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers consist of the following, starting with the plush side: Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
– Plush Side: A 3 inch – 3-pound density block of copper-infused memory foam. It is a light plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper inside the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2-inch transitional layer of tangled foam, egg-crate style. This is a denser 1.8 lb. polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5″ solid support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This dense foam serves as the core of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the exact same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam found in the soft layer. Laying on this side will put you in direct contact with the support layer beneath.
If you have allergies, then the Layla has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
When used regularly, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the Layla mattress even with other premium quality memory foam mattress brands. And the Layla being a dual-sided mattress, it is surely worth the price point. Layla also suggests turning your mattress from head to foot every time you replace your sheets or at least once a month in order to prevent the creation of dents or unevenness.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an amazing job at keeping motion transfer low, this is due to the fact that it is generally made up of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a really important factor to consider particularly for those who share their bed. The Layla mattress reduces motion to a significant extent. Whether you go for the firm or plush side, you won’t be disturbed when the person beside you moves around. To be honest, Layla mattresses have amazing contouring and reasonable sinking without compromising comfort.
First, I will cover the soft side of the Layla; Due to the 3 inch comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a lot of sinkage. Therefore you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking in the mattress as opposed to floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re somewhat heavier, the plush side of the Layla may not be able to provide as much support and might cause you to feel too stuck in the bed without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which actually sinks just right. You’ll definitely get the “laying on top” feeling and will be able to easily change positions in bed. This is best for combo sleepers who move around at night changing positions (side, back or stomach sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla mattress incorporates both copper-treated memory foam and convoluted foam which provides some cooling benefits. But because of the higher caliber of foams used and the fact that it uses memory foam, it may trap a bit of heat but no more than your usual memory foam mattress. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to help decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of your sleep. I definitely think it’s worth the investment.
Edge support is a frequent issue with memory foam mattresses. The Layla mattress, having dual sides is about average for a foam bed, astonishingly consistent on both sides. But obviously, you should see a fair amount of collapse when sitting on the plush side. Many have noted feeling safe whilst laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the mattress.
Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
This is a true foam mattress constructed for shock absorbency. Like majority of memory foam models, the Layla is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the bright side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped feeling when moving about.
Each Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to assemble and package. When shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All mattress shipments originate from Phoenix, AZ in theUSA.
Shipping Fee: The Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Delivery to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress, inclusive of all fees and duties.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla Sleep mattresses is as follows:
– Deliveries are coordinated through FedEx. Mattresses take 2-3 days to assemble, and once shipped usually requires two to five business days to get to their destination.
– Just standard shipping is offered. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery are not available at the moment.
Old Mattress Removal: Because Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal solutions are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
Because the Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress it means it will come compressed and shipped straight to your home. You will want to start by taking the rolled up Layla mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously cut the away the first layers of plastic til the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, pierce through the final layer of plastic and the Layla will expand. Simply throw away the excess plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress owners.
– The sleep trial starts on the date of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Buyers can’t return their mattress for a complete refund until they have tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress purchasers in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no additional fees if they return their mattress within 120 days. Customers in Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada will be given a product refund, but their additional shipping charges are non-refundable.
– Because Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers don’t have to actually return their mattress to Layla’s HQ. In these instances, the company asks buyers to donate their mattress to a local charity organization.
– To initiate the return process, buyers just need to email Layla’s customer service department.
Layla Sleep Warranty
Layla Sleep offers a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
– Layla Sleep will, in the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original purchasers use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may opt to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– Layla’s warranty is exclusively provided to first owners who bought their mattress from Layla or an authorized retailer. Those who purchase or acquire their mattress from the original proprietor or a non-authorized retailer will not be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you are certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the size and pricing info for your mattress can be found underneath. But please note that these figures reflect standard pricing, excluding my special promo. Click here to receive my promo discount and receive $100 off your mattress now.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect mattress for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your mattress because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you enjoy and love. It is also ideal for you if you require a soft mattress for your sensitive pressure points that will need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your shoulders, hips and lower back. The Layla is an excellent pick for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs quite well for side sleepers. Although, I suggest the firm side of the mattress to heavier people, because it will give them the necessary support required and it should feel perfect. I, personally, like that you have the option to choose between two firmness levels. Layla is also ideal when you have a spouse and need a mattress with excellent motion isolation. This should limit the movement you feel on the surface.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Customer Reviews
The Layla mattress features a double-sided, all-foam a different feel simply by turning the bed over. This feature enables you to have 2 distinct comfort options and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. A lot would find this convenience satisfying since it saves you time, effort, energy and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers incorporate memory foam for significant pressure relief and based on our research, we also found the mattress to sleep very cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than most memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is a great offering at a reasonable price.
Lastly, based on our research the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is due to the fact that this product doesn’t have ozone depleters, flame retardants and formaldehyde. I would also like to note that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important bonus especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Customer Reviews