When you can’t choose whether you want a firmer mattress or a plushier feel mattress, then you might want to check out the Layla Sleep mattress. The Layla Sleep mattress is a double-sided memory foam mattress that gives you two firmness options in one mattress. Because sometimes you would like the snug feel given by a soft memory foam mattress but you also sometimes just need a memory foam with more support on your hips and spine. With 2 built-in firmness options, you get to select between the soft side which has a softer, pressure-relieving feel, or the firm side, that gives more support. Layla Mattress Cover
Keep reading for my full review of the Layla mattress, which includes all you need to know about the mattress.
Layla Mattress Cover
Construction Layla Mattress Cover
Manufactured in Arizona, the Layla has four layers and the cover is treated with ThermoGel to give off a cooling effect. The layers include the following, beginning on the plush side: Layla Mattress Cover
– Plush Side: A 3″ – 3lb. density block of copper-treated memory foam. It is a lightweight plush foam and according to Layla Sleep, the copper within the foam is in the form of copper gel.
– Transition Layer: A 2″ transitional layer of convoluted foam, similar to an egg-crate. This layer is a denser 1.8 pound polyurethane foam.
– Base Layer: A 5-inch strong support layer of 2 pound density polyurethane foam. This compact foam serves as the center of the Layla.
– Firm Side: A 1″ layer of the same 3-pound copper-gel-infused memory foam in the soft side. Laying on this side of the mattress will put you in direct contact with the layer underneath.
In case you have allergies, then the Layla mattress has got you covered! The memory foam layers are anti-microbial. Layla Mattress Cover
When in use, the Layla mattress will last for at least six to eight years, which makes the mattress at par with other top quality memory foam mattress brands. And because the Layla is a double-sided mattress, it is certainly worth the price. Layla also advises turning your mattress from head to foot every time you change your sheets or at least once every month to be able to prevent unevenness or creating dents.
Motion Transfer Reduction
The Layla mattress does an excellent job at keeping movement transfer low, this is because it is generally composed of memory foam. Motion transfer isolation is a very important element to consider particularly for those who share their mattress. The Layla mattress isolates motion to a significant degree. Whether you go with the firm or soft side, you will not be disturbed when your partner rolls out of bed. To tell the truth, Layla mattresses have good reasonable sinking and contouring without compromising comfort.
First, I’ll cover the soft side of the Layla; Because of the 3″ comfort layer, this side of the mattress comes with a great deal of sinkage. Which means you’ll more likely feel like you are sinking into the bed rather than floating on top of it. Additionally, if you’re a bit bigger, the softer side of the mattress may not be able to offer as much support and may make you feel too stuck in the mattress without ample mobility to switch positions.
Next up, the firm end of the mattress, which sinks just perfect. You’ll certainly get the “floating on top” feel and will have the ability to easily switch positions in bed. This is best for combination sleepers who move around in the middle of the night changing positions (side, back and tummy sleepers).
Heat Reduction Capabilities
The Layla incorporates both copper-infused memory foam and convoluted foam that can potentially have some cooling properties. But because of the higher caliber of materials used and the fact that it uses memory foam, the mattress may trap a bit of heat but no more than your typical memory foam bed. Furthermore, the cover utilizes a ThermoGel cooling agent to decrease heat build up so that you can bid farewell to randomly feeling hot in the middle of the night. I certainly believe it is worth the investment.
Edge support has been a regular problem with memory foam beds. The Layla, having dual sides performs about average for a foam bed, surprisingly consistent on both sides. But of course, you should see a reasonable amount of collapse when laying on the plush side. Many have noted feeling secure while laying on the edge so you will feel and see that you are adequately supported both lying and sitting on the border of the bed.
Layla Mattress Cover
This is a genuine foam mattress constructed to absorb impact. Like majority of memory foam beds, the Layla mattress is not very bouncy, and might not be responsive enough for some couples, particularly on the firm side. The soft side has a deep cushioning effect too. On the positive side, this particular foam has a fairly quick response time. Because of this, you shouldn’t struggle from a trapped sensation when moving about.
Every Layla Mattress is made to order and takes 2-3 days to construct and package. Once shipped, transit times will take from two to five business days depending on where you are. All shipments come from Phoenix, Arizona United States.
Delivery Charge: Layla Mattress ships to the lower 48 states free of charge. Shipping to Hi and AK is $125 per mattress. While shipping to Canada is $200 per mattress and includes all duties and fees.
Delivery Policy: The shipping policy for Layla is as follows:
– All deliveries are made through FedEx Ground. The mattresses take 2-3 business days for manufacturing, and once sent usually requires two to five days to reach their destination.
– Just standard shipping is provided. Expedited shipping or White Glove delivery aren’t available at this time.
Old Mattress Removal: Since Layla Sleep used FedEx for all deliveries, old mattress removal services are not available at this time.
How To Unbox This Mattress
The Layla is a bed-in-a-box mattress, which means it will arrive compressed and delivered straight to your home. You probably want to start by removing the rolled up mattress from its box. Then, with another individual’s assistance, position the mattress on your bed.
Cautiously remove the first layers of plastic until the still-compact mattress can be laid down flat. Then, remove the final layer of plastic and the Layla should expand. Simply clear away the plastic and allow your mattress to fully expand and breathe.
Layla offers a 120-night sleep trial for all mattress buyers.
– The sleep trial begins at the time of purchase. There is a compulsory two-week break-in period. Owners can’t return their mattress for a full refund until they’ve tested the mattress out for at least 2 weeks.
– Mattress owners in the lower 48 states are entitled to a complete merchandise refund with no extra fees if they return their mattress within 120 nights. Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and Canada will be given a product refund, however, their extra shipping fees are non-refundable.
– Since Layla Sleep does not restock mattresses, customers do not have to actually return their mattress to the company’s headquarters. In these instances, the company requests owners to donate their mattress to a nearby charity.
– To initiate the return process, customers just need to email Layla’s customer support.
Layla provides a lifetime warranty for all mattresses. Layla Mattress Cover
– Layla will, at the business’ sole option, replace or repair any mattress that is found to be defective for as long as the original owners use the mattress. This guarantee is entirely non-prorated.
– Layla Sleep may choose to repair or replace individual components with flaws (such as the cover), as opposed to replacing the entire mattress.
– This warranty is exclusively offered to first purchasers who purchased their mattress from Layla or a licensed retailer. Those who buy or acquire their mattress from the original purchaser or a non-authorized retailer won’t be entitled to warranty coverage.
Layla Mattress: Pricing
If you’re certain that the Layla is the ideal mattress for you, the dimensions and pricing info for the mattress can be found below. But please be aware that these prices reflect standard pricing, excluding my special discount. Click here in order to get my promo discount and get $100 off your mattress today.
The Layla ranges from $499 to $999.
Is Layla Best for You?
The Layla is the perfect choice for you if you like to feel as if you’re sleeping “in” instead of “on” your bed because Layla gives you the memory foam feel you love and enjoy. Additionally it is ideal for you if you need a soft bed for your sensitive pressure points which need to be lightly cushioned against; Especially your hips, shoulders and lower back. The Layla is an excellent choice for those who sleep on their back, of all weight categories, and performs really well for side sleepers. However, I suggest the firm side of the Layla to heavier people, since it is going to give them the necessary support needed and it should feel great. I, personally, like that you get the option to pick between 2 firmness options. Layla is also ideal when you have a spouse and need a mattress with good movement isolation. This should limit the movement you’re feeling on the bed.
Closing Thoughts on The Layla Sleep Mattress Layla Mattress Cover
The Layla mattress features an all-foam, flippable design with a distinct firmness option on opposite sides. This provides you a different feel simply by turning the mattress over. This feature lets you have 2 different comfort levels and choose the one that suits you best without the hassle of returns. Many would find this advantage great as it saves you effort, energy, time and money.
The mattress’ comfort layers utilize memory foam for significant pressure relief and in our testing, we also found the mattress to sleep really cool. The copper-infused memory foam sleeps cooler than many memory foam mattresses, so with this mattress’ versatility, we think it is an excellent offering at a good price.
Lastly, based on our study the Layla’s offgassing is fast and easy, and this is because this product does not contain ozone depleters, formaldehyde and flame retardants. I would also like to point out that the memory foam layers are anti-microbial. So if you have allergies, I think this is a pretty important feature especially if you or your partner has allergies. Layla Mattress Cover